- Operates only A320s in economy only configuration
- Food and drinks, including tea, coffee and water available for purchase
- No in flight entertainment
- Seat pitch of 28-29 inch with 4.5 inch recline; seats with extra legroom available for pre-purchase for additional fee; preferred seating available for a fee
- No blankets and pillows
- No web check in so passengers must check in at the airport
- Baggage allowance of up to 40kg must be pre-purchased at time of booking
- Founded in 2003 with services commencing in 2005 as low cost no frills carrier operating services to regional destinations in Southeast Asia, Australia, China and India from its main base at Singapore Changi Airport
- Four founding partners include Singapore Airlines and the founder of low cost carrier Ryan Air
Cancellations and lengthy delays
If your flight is cancelled or delayed by controllable factors at Tigerair such as crewing or aircraft availablility, Tigerair will offer an alternative flight on our services to get you to your destination at no additional cost or the pasenger may opt for flight credit to be used in the next six months or a refund.
Where your flight is delayed or cancelled as a result of an Event Beyond our Control such as political unrest, weather delays, natural disaters and strikes, whether you have checked in or not, tigerair will endeavour to rebook you on the next available flight on our services at no additional cost to you, alternatively, if we are unable to rebook you on services acceptable to you, we will store the flight credit for you to be used for a booking wihtin the next six months (travel can be outside of this provided the booking is made within six months).
If you are denied boarding due to overbooking of a scheduled flight for which you have a confirmed reservation, we will aim to get you to your destination as soon as possible.
For a Domestic Flight wholly within Australia, we will provide you with compensation of AUD 85 per passenger in the form of a flight travel voucher.
For an International Flight, we will provide you with compensation of SGD 100 per passenger in the form of a flight travel voucher.
For a Domestic Flight wholly within Indonesia on Tigerair Mandala, compensation will be paid in accordance with ‘Minister of Transportation Regulation No. PM 77 of 2011 on Air Transportation Carrier Responsibilities
Click here to see your rights for lost, damaged or delayed baggage on domestic and international flights
See the airline Conditions of Carriage here
To lodge a complaint with the airline click here
Click here for more information about our Tigerair Singapore reviews and safety ratings system.