- Commenced service as Air Lanka in 1979 as national airline of Sri Lanka
- Partly privatized (40%) to Dubai-based airline Emirates in 1998 when it changed its name to SriLankan Airlines
- Partnership with Emirates ended in 2008 and was not renewed
- Became government owned airline by 2010
- The airline’s hub is located in Colombo and with its code share partners, serves 60 destinations in Europe, the Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Far East, North America and Australia
- Reputation for excellence in customer service both in the air and on the ground
- Mihin Lanka
Click here for more information about our SriLankan Airlines reviews and safety ratings system.