Thursday, February 16, 2023
Book Flights
Home Solomon Airlines

    Product Rating 4.5/5

    Rating Criteria

    COVID-19 Star Rating Breakdown 0/7

    Rating Criteria

    • Most aircraft are in economy only configuration; economy and business layout on A320s
    • Full meal and beverage service on international routes; nonalcoholic beverages offered on domestic routes
    • In-flight entertainment through shared screens avaialble on international flights
    • Blankets and pillows available upon request
    • Baggage allowance of 1 x 16kg bag for domestic routes; baggage allowance of 1 x 30kg bag for international economy; baggage allowance of 1 x 40kg bag for business class
    • Began as Solomon Airlines Limited in 1962 when Mr Laurie Crowly founded the small charter company called Megapode Airways
    • Change of ownership and name to Solomon Island Airways better known as SOLAIR occurred when Macair of Papua New Guinea purchased the airline in 1968 becoming the smallest international airline in the world serving Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea
    • Macair and SOLAIR were taken over by TALAIR in 1975
    • Solomon Islands government bought 49% of the airline’s shares in 1979 and with it the right to buy the remaining 51% at the end of the following 5 years
    • In 1984, government of Solomon Islands acquired remaining stake in SOLAIR from TALAIR in 1984 and returned all leased aircraft to TALAIR after which the Government introduced its first 2 aircraft with a new livery and officially changed its name to Solomon Airlines Limited
    • Began joint venture to serve international market demand with Qantas and Air Pacific in 1989
    • Sanctions were imposed by United Nations in 1999 when civil unrest broke out severely restricting involvement of the venture partners
    • Comprehensive restructure and recovery plan announced on December 23rd 2008
    • Serves domestic network of over 20 destinations and international network to Brisbane, Nadi, Port Vila and Port Moresby with code share partners
    • A320-200
    • DHC-8

    COVID-19 Compliance (0/7)

    – COVID-19 website information and instructions
    – Social distancing on boarding
    – Flight attendant Personal Protection Equipment
    – Face masks compulsory
    – Meal service modified
    – Passenger Sanitizer Kit
    – Deep clean of aircraft

    Click here for more information about our Solomon Airlines reviews and safety ratings system.

    View all Ratings

    Cookie settings