Domestic and International
- Multi course restaurant quality meal on medium and long haul routes; choice of meals on short routes
- Seat pitch of 60 to 74 inch with angled flat bed or fully lie flat bed on A330s and a 43 inch seat pitch with direct aisle access on the 777s; seats transform in to lie flat beds on the 777; seat pitch of 42 to 48 inch with significant recline but not lie flat on other aircraft; seating in 2-2 configuration on single aisle aircraft
- Seat back in flight entertainment with Audio/Video On Demand on 777s, A330s and 737-800s on most international and longer domestic flights; portable media player on 747s; shared cabin screens show movies on other aircraft; in seat power available on 777s as well as WiFi
- Baggage allowance of 30kg on domestic flights and 40kg for international
- Blankets, pillows and newspaper provided
- Luxury amenity kit, blanket and pillow provided on international flights
Domestic and International
- Full meals and beverages including alcohol served (no alcohol on most domestic flights); snacks on short flights
- Seat back in flight entertainment with Audio/Video On Demand on 777s, A330s and 737-800s; In seat power available on the 777s as well as WiFi
- Seat pitch of 30 to 34 inch with 6 inch recline
- Blankets, pillows and newspapers available. Amenity kit on long haul flights
- Baggage allowance of 20kg on domestic flights and 30kg for international
- Multi course, restaurant quality meal prefpared by on board chef; wide variety of top shelf beverages also available. Dine on demand.
- Seat back in flight entertainment with Audio/Video On Demand; In seat power and WiFi available
- Seat has a seat pitch of 82 inch and transforms into a fully flat bed. Seat width 22 inch. mattress provided to lay on top of bed
- Luxurious blanket, pillow, pyjamas,slippers and amenity kit provided
- Baggage allowance of 50kgs
- Commenced service as government owned carrier on January 28th, 1949
- Steady growth over the next 40 years increasing numbers of aircraft and adding destinations
- Asian financial crisis led to a cutting of routes in 1997
- Recovery was hindered by September 11 terrorist attacks, Bali bombings and 2004 tsunami
- Banned from flying in European air space due to safety concerns in 2007
- Ban lifted in 2009 with demonstration of their commitment to safety and training
- Started five year refresh plan in 2009 including doubling aircraft fleet number, expanding network and route frequency, improving in flight offerings and renewing commitment to safety and training
- ATR 72-600
- CRJ 100
COVID-19 Compliance (6/7)
– COVID-19 website information and instructions
– Social distancing on boarding
– Flight attendant Personal Protection Equipment
– Face masks compulsory
– Meal service modified
– Passenger Sanitizer Kit
– Deep clean of aircraft
Cancellations or lengthy delays
If due to circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to adverse weather orairtraffic control delays, we cancel or delay a flight; are unable to provide previously confirmed space; fail to stop at your Stopover or destination point; or cause you to miss a connecting flight on which you hold a reservation, we shall, at your option, either:
(a) carry you on another of our scheduled services on which space is available;
(b) within a reasonable period of time re-route you to the destination indicated on your Ticket or applicable portion of your Ticket by our own scheduled services or the scheduled services of another Carrier, or by means of surface transportation.
If cancellation or delay is due to adverse weather or to air traffic control delays, we shall be under no immediate obligation to comply with the above or to provide for the cost of telephone calls, accommodation, refreshments or transportation although we shall make reasonable efforts to assist you as best we can in the prevailing circumstances.
If the delay or cancellation is due to circumstances within our control such as aircraft changes or crewing, we shall pay you compensation in the amount that would be due as denied boarding compensation in accordance with our Regulations.
When passengers are denied boarding on a flight, airlines are obliged to first seek volunteers to give up their reservation in exchange for certain benefits. In addition, the air carrier must also offer volunteers the choice between a full refund and re-routing.
Passenger rights for denied boarding are avaialble from the airline upon request
If you wish to file a claim or an action regarding Damage to Checked Baggage, you must notify us as soon as you discover the Damage, and at the latest, within seven (7) Days of receipt of the Baggage. If you wish to file a claim or an action regarding delay of Checked Baggage, you must notify us within twenty-one (21) days from the date the Baggage has been placed at your disposal. Every such notification must be made in writing.
To see the full conditions of carriage click here
To lodge a complaint with the airline click here
For details of legislative obligations under EU regulation click here
To lodge a complaint with the EU click here
Click here for more information about our Garuda Indonesia reviews and safety ratings system.