Emirates, which has boosted operations by 31 per cent (total ASKMs) since the start of its financial year and announced further plans to ramp up seat capacity in its latest published northern summer schedule starting March 26, 2023.
JOIN: AirlineRatings.com YouTube Channel
GET: Accurate MH370 Information From AirlineRatings.com Newsletter
SEE: GT’s Radar Slams Netflix MH370 Doco
In the past months, the airline has executed rapid growth of its network operations – reintroducing services to 5 cities; launching flights to 1 new destination (Tel Aviv), adding 251 weekly flights onto existing routes and continuing the roll-out of service enhancements in the air and on the ground.
In the coming months, established routes to Europe, Australia and Africa will be served with more Emirates flights, while in East Asia, more cities are seeing route restarts.
Upcoming A380 deployments in the Northern Summer 2023 season:
Emirates continues to scale up its A380 operations with the reintroduction of the iconic double-decker across its network: Glasgow (from 26 March), Casablanca from (15 April), Beijing (from 01 May), Shanghai (from 04 June), Nice (from 1 June), Birmingham (from 1 July), Kuala Lumpur (from 01 August), and Taipei (from 01 August).
Upcoming route enhancements by region:
- Amsterdam: from 14 to 19 weekly flights starting 02 April.
- Athens: Addition of a daily seasonal service to serve summer demand between 01 June to 30 September.
- Bologna: from 5 flights a week to a daily service starting 01 May.
- Budapest: from 5 flights a week to a daily service by 01 June.
- London: start of 2nd daily service to London Stansted on 01 May. This will take Emirates’ London operations to 11 daily flights – including 6 times daily to London Heathrow and 3 times daily to Gatwick.
- Venice: from 5 to 6 flights a week from 26 March, increasing to a daily service from 01 June.
- Cairo: from 25 to 28 weekly flights by 29 October.
- Dar es Salaam: from 5 flights a week to daily flights starting 01 May.
- Entebbe: from 6 flights a week to daily flights starting 01 July.
Australia and New Zealand
Emirates’ non-stop Australia flights will return to pre-pandemic levels to Sydney from 01 May, Melbourne from 26 March, and Brisbane on 01 June.
- Brisbane: An additional daily service starting 01 June will take Emirates to 14 flights per week to Brisbane.
- Christchurch: restart of daily service from Dubai via Sydney from 26 March.
- Melbourne: addition of 3rd daily service to Melbourne from 26 March via Singapore. This adds capacity to Melbourne and re-establishes connectivity between Singapore and Melbourne. The other 2 daily flights from Melbourne fly non-stop to Dubai.
- Sydney: addition of 3rd daily non-stop service from 01 May.
- Bangkok: Addition of 5th daily service from 01 August.
- Beijing: To commence daily non-stop Boeing 777-300ER service from 15 March, upgrading to an A380 effective 01 May. A second daily service will commence effective 01 September with an A380.
- Hong Kong: Addition of a daily non-stop flight from 29 March. This increases Emirates’ operations to 14 weekly flights including its existing daily Dubai-Bangkok-Hong Kong service.
- Kuala Lumpur: Addition of a third daily service from 01 June.
- Tokyo: Resumption of services to Tokyo Haneda with daily flights on 02 April. This takes Emirates’ Japan operations to 21 daily flights including a daily A380 service to Tokyo-Narita and a daily Boeing 777 service to Osaka.