International (Long Haul)
International (Long Haul)
- Jetstar Group comprises Jetstar Australia, Jetstar New Zealand, Jetstar Asia, Valuair, Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Hong Kong and Jetstar Pacific in Vietnam
- Network of value based carriers providing low fares across Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region
- Established by Qantas in 2003 as a low cost domestic carrier
- Carried first passengers in 2004 and commenced international services to New Zealand in 2005
- Opening up travel to those who previously could not afford it and to those who want to travel more
- Australia's number one low cost airline
- Low cost no frills airline with competitive fares and good package deals both domestically and internationally
- The long haul international arm of Jetstar using the A330 and 787 aircraft would score 4 1/2 stars if rated seperately
- Winner of the AirlineRatings.com Best Low Cost Carrier award for Asia/Pacific 2014
Cancellations and lengthy delays
If your flight is cancelled or delayed by controllable factors at Jetstar such as crewing or aircraft availablility, Jetstar will offer an alternative flight on our services to get you to your destination at no additional cost.
Where your flight is delayed or cancelled as a result of an Event Beyond our Control such as political unrest, weather delays, natural disaters and strikes, whether you have checked in or not, Jetstar will endeavour to rebook you on the next available flight on our services at no additional cost to you, alternatively, if we are unable to rebook you on services acceptable to you, we will refund the applicable fare. We will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses you may incur as a result of the delay or cancellation
Airline flights may be overbooked. This means there is a slight chance that there may be more reservations than available seats on your flight. In these circumstances, we will offer an incentive for volunteers not to travel on their booked flight. If there are not enough volunteers, we may need to deny boarding to one or more Passengers involuntarily.
Passengers also have the choice to take a refund or wait for the next avaialbale flight which may be on another airline. No other compensation will be offered if a refund is taken.
If damage to the baggage is of a kind that can be immediately ascertained (such as broken wheels or handles, tears or missing contents) or the bag itself is missing, the passenger must, on the same day and before leaving the arrival hall report the damage/loss to either the Jetstar counter or other baggage services. If your baggage has been delivered to you late after being lost, you can apply to Jetstar together with the documents indicating the expenditures you have made until the delivery of your baggage for reimbursement.
See the airline Conditions of Carriage here
To lodge a complaint with the airline click here
Click here for more information about our Jetstar reviews and safety ratings system.