- The airline was founded in 1985 with focus on domestic services
- Expanded its network to include international destinations in 1997
- Joined Star Alliance in 2007
- Merged with China Eastern Airlines in 2010 to reduce competition but both airlines kept their own branding and livery
- After merger, left Star Alliance and is now an affiliate member of SkyTeam alliance
- Bombardier CRJ 200LR
- Affiliate member of SkyTeam
Click here for more information about our Shanghai Airlines reviews and safety ratings system.