More than 10 million Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer members can now earn Velocity Points whenever they shop for fuel, food, coffee, and convenience items at 7-Eleven.
The highly anticipated partnership between Velocity Frequent Flyer and the country’s largest independent fuel and convenience retailer will give Velocity members even more opportunities to earn Points on everyday purchases.
With more than 700 7-Eleven stores located in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, and Western Australia, Velocity members will earn:
- 2 Points per $1 on eligible 7-Eleven in-store purchases
- 2 Points per litre on premium fuel at 7-Eleven; and
- 1 Point per litre on regular fuel at 7-Eleven.
- Plus, Velocity members will earn 711 bonus points on their first eligible purchase at 7-Eleven made by June 28, 2021.
Speaking at the launch of the partnership at Sydney’s The Domain, Virgin Australia Group CEO and Managing Director Jayne Hrdlicka said Velocity was committed to providing members more value and more opportunities to earn Velocity Points on everyday spend.
“Today is an incredibly exciting day for our 10 million Velocity members as we welcome 7-Eleven to the Virgin Australia Group family,” said Ms Hrdlicka.
“We promised our members that we would deliver even more opportunities for them to earn Velocity Points for spending on everyday activities and today we’ve delivered on that promise.
“7-Eleven is Australia’s largest independent fuel and convenience retailer with over 700 outlets across Australia, so whether our members are shopping at a city convenience store or filling up their cars with fuel, 7-Eleven’s strong presence and great in-store experience will give Velocity members more opportunities to boost their Points balances, to fly.”
7-Eleven customers need to follow three steps to earn Velocity Points:
- Join Velocity Frequent Flyer at www.velocityfrequentflyer.com;
- Download the My 7-Eleven app here and follow the steps to link their Velocity account to their My 7-Eleven My Card;
- Make an eligible purchase from a 7-Eleven convenience store or fuel station and upon payment scan, their Velocity linked My 7-Eleven My Card.
Point of sale Velocity card readers, enabling members to simply swipe or scan their physical Velocity membership card or My Velocity Digital Card when shopping at 7-Eleven, will gradually be implemented at all 7-Eleven fuel and convenience stores, starting with stores in Western Australia, from today.