- Aircraft are in an economy only configuration.
- Snacks and beverages including water and alcohol available for purchase on board using a credit card.
- No in flight entertainment. No wi-fi.
- Seat pitch of 30 inch, seat width of 17 inch. Extra legroom (34 inch seat pitch) can be purchased. Seat selection can be made at time of booking or up to 24 hours prior for additional fee.
- No blankets or pillows.
- Founded in 1997 when certificated as a Scheduled Air Carrier with authority to fly scheduled and charter airline operations throughout the US and to Hawaii
- Also conducts charter services to Canada and Mexico
- Links small cities with popular leisure destinations
- Provides low cost travel packages including air, hotel, rental car and entertainment tickets
Flight Cancellations and lengthy delays
If Carrier delays, cancels, or fails to operate any flight according to Carrier’s published schedule due to a cause beyond Carrier’s control or if Carrier voluntarily changes the schedule of any flight, Carrier will, at the request of a passenger confirmed on an affected flight:
- transport the passenger on another of Carrier’s flights on which space is available at no additional charge; or
- in the case of a delay, cancellation, or failure to operate any flight due to a cause beyond Carrier’s control as identified in Article 85.B below, and provided in the case of delay that the delay is significant, refund the unused portion of the passenger’s fare in accordance with Article 90 below; or
- in the case of a schedule change made voluntarily by Carrier, and provided the schedule change is significant, refund the unused portion of the passenger’s fare in accordance with Article 90 below.
- Except to the extent provided in Article 85.A. above, Carrier shall not be liable for any failure or delay in operating any flight due to causes beyond Carrier’s control, including but not limited to, acts of God, governmental actions, fire, weather, mechanical difficulties, Air Traffic Control, strikes or labor disputes, or inability to obtain fuel for the flight in question. Carrier shall use its best efforts to notify all affected passengers promptly of planned schedule changes and service withdrawals.
- Carrier will attempt to transport passengers and their baggage promptly and as scheduled. Flight schedules, however, are subject to change without notice, and the times shown in or on Carrier’s published schedules and advertising are not guaranteed. At times, without prior notice to passengers, Carrier may need to substitute other aircraft or airlines and may change, add, or omit intermediate or connecting stops. Carrier cannot guarantee that passengers will make connections to other flights of its own or those of other airlines. In the event of flight schedule changes, Carrier will attempt to so notify affected passengers as soon as possible at the airport or enroute.
Lost or damaged baggage
In the case of loss of, damage to, or delay in delivery of baggage, no claim will be entertained by Carrier unless preliminary written notice of such claim is presented to Carrier at the airport, within 4 hours after arrival of the flight on which the loss, damage, or delay is alleged to have occurred or within twenty-four (24) hours for missing contents.
The loss of, damage to, or delay in the delivery of checked or unchecked baggage and/or its contents, with the exception of wheelchairs, mobility aids, and assistive devices is limited to the proven amount of damage or loss, but in no event shall be greater than ($3,400.00) Domestic or 1,131 Special Drawing Rights International per fare-paying passenger. Carrier will compensate the passenger for reasonable, actual and documented damages incurred as a result of the loss of, damage to, or delayed delivery of such baggage up to the limit of liability or declared valuation, whichever is higher, provided the passenger has exercised reasonable effort to minimize the amount of damage. Actual value for reimbursement of lost or damaged property shall be determined by the documented original purchase price less depreciation for prior usage.
Domestic Transportation Passengers traveling between points within the United States (including the territories and possessions) who are denied boarding involuntarily from an oversold flight are entitled to: (1) No compensation if the carrier offers alternate transportation that is planned to arrive at the passenger’s destination or first stopover not later than one hour after the planned arrival time of the passenger’s original flight; (2) 200% of the fare to the passenger’s destination or first stopover, with a maximum of $650, if the carrier offers alternate transportation that is planned to arrive at the passenger’s destination or first stopover more than one hour but less than two hours after the planned arrival time of the passenger’s original flight; and (3) 400% of the fare to the passenger’s destination or first stopover, with a maximum of $1,300, if the carrier does not offer alternate transportation that is planned to arrive at the airport of the passenger’s destination or first stopover less than two hours after the planned arrival time of the passenger’s original flight.
The airline must give each passenger who qualifies for involuntary denied boarding compensation a payment by cash or check for the amount specified above, on the day and at the place the involuntary denied boarding occurs. If the airline arranges alternate transportation for the passenger’s convenience that departs before the payment can be made, the payment shall be sent to the passenger within 24 hours.
The air carrier may offer free or discounted transportation in place of the cash payment. In that event, the carrier must disclose all material restrictions on the use of the free or discounted transportation before the passenger decides whether to accept the transportation in lieu of a cash or check payment. The passenger may insist on the cash/check payment or refuse all compensation and bring private legal action.
To lodge a complaint with the airline click here
To lodge a complaint with the US Department of Transport (DOT) click here
Click here for more information about our Allegiant Air reviews and safety ratings system.