Vietjet has expanded its network and its award cabinet as the airline soars to Vietnam’s largest domestic airline with a 43 per cent market share.
Since beginning operations in 2011, Vietjet has carried more than 120 million passengers and now operates over 500 flights a day.
The airline has four key domestic hubs – Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Thang and Can Tho in the country’s south.
Vietjet flies to 17 destinations in Vietnam more than any other airline.
On the international front, it operates to four destinations in Thailand-Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and Chiangmai.
The Indian market is also expanding with the airline serving Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
Vietjet announced in July the progressive opening of 11 new routes to these cities increasing the total routes between Vietnam and India to 17 making Vietjet the number one airline between India and Vietnam.
A major feature of this expansion is connecting Da Nang to five Indian cities when the last of the new services start on December 1.
Vietjet also serves Yangon in Burma, Semi Reap and Phnom Penh Cambodia, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore as well as Bali in Indonesia.
In China, Vietjet was operating to 14 destinations as well as Hong Kong and Macau but these services are suspendered due to Covid.
Further north the airline operates to Seoul and Busan in Japan and Tokyo and Osaka in Japan.
To handle the airline’s growth it has 319 aircraft on order for delivery through to 2030.
It has 119 orders with Airbus and 200 with Boeing.
At the recent Farnborough Air Show Vietjet and Boeing reached an agreement to reaffirm the previous order for 200 737 MAX aircraft.
As planned, the first 50 aircraft will be delivered to Thai Vietjet – a Vietjet’s affiliate and one of the leading domestic airlines in Thailand.
While the airline is expanding its network it is also expanding its trophy cabinet.
Its awards include;
- Madame CEO Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao was honoured in Asia’s Most Influential: The Impact List 2020 for volunteer activities.
- Awarded the “Value Airline of the Year” and the “Top 10 Best Low-cost Airlines” for 2022 by AirlineRatings.
- “Fly first – pay later” – a tech product created by Vietjet and MOVI is awarded The Best New Fintech Product 2022 by Global Economic Times UK Magazine.
- World’s Top 10 Safest & Best Low-cost Airlines by Airlines Ratings.
- The Low-Cost Carrier of the Year for cargo transportation by Payload.
- Top 50 Leading Vietnamese Brands 2020 voted by Forbes.
- The most impactful Vietnamese brand worldwide by PR Newswire.
- Best Companies to Work for in Asia award by HR Asia Magazine.
- Thai Vietjet wins “Fastest Growing Low-Cost Carrier of the year”.
- Thai Vietjet receives the “Excellence in Crisis Management & Recovery” Award.
- “Most Passenger-Friendly Cabin Crew – Thailand 2021” awarded by International Finance Magazine.