Solomon Airlines has welcomed the news that mandatory quarantine requirements for inbound visitors will be reduced shortly, with a new international schedule effective from August 1, 2002, re-introducing regular flights between the Solomon Islands and Australia, Fiji, Vanuatu and Kiribati, and connections to partner airline services from New Zealand, Asia and the USA.
“Reopening our borders is a major milestone that means Solomon Airlines can again open up our flights and network to the world,” said Solomon Airlines CEO Brett Gebers.
“That means gradual recovery of inbound tourism, more opportunities for international air freight, and that our optimism about the future of air travel in our region has proved well-founded,” said Mr Gebers.
“On behalf of the Solomon Airlines team, we thank the Solomon Islands Government, the Australia and New Zealand Governments, and our business and industry partners for standing by us and helping us to keep our nation flying through our most difficult era ever.
“Our immediate priority now is to re-establish our core Pacific Islands network and ensure convenient connections from global markets especially NZ, Asia, the United States, and Europe via Brisbane and Fiji,” Mr Gebers said.
Solomon Airlines’ new international schedule effective from August 1, 2022, will include flight times that enable same-day connections at least twice weekly to and from all major international markets.
The airline has also adjusted timings on selected domestic flights to Munda, Gizo, Seghe, and Suavanao to allow for direct connections from international services on the Brisbane-Honiara route.
Highlights of the new schedule from August 1. include:
• Brisbane-Honiara flights twice weekly and a third Brisbane-Honiara flight every fortnight
• Honiara-Brisbane flights twice weekly
• Honiara-Port Vila-Nadi-Honiara flights every Tuesday
• Brisbane-Tarawa flights via Honiara to operate fortnightly
• Tarawa-Brisbane direct flights to operate fortnightly
• Direct connection on Wednesdays from Munda onto the Honiara-Brisbane service
• Lomlom gains a second weekly service to and from Honiara via Santa Cruz on Tuesdays and Thursdays
• Honiara-Auki-Honiara services will operate twice daily on Monday in the morning and afternoon
Solomon Airlines said COVID-19 safety protocols include a requirement for passengers to wear face masks onboard all Solomon Airlines flights will continue to support the protection of passengers and staff.