The mystery surrounding MH370 has deepened after wreck hunter Blaine Gibson received death threats and the Malaysian Consul in Madagascar, responsible for handing over debris from the Boeing 777, was assassinated last week.
Yesterday Mr. Gibson said that he and others collecting debris had received death threats and new debris finds were due to be handed over to Zahid Raza, the Honorary Malaysian Consul in Madagascar when he was assassinated on August 24.
Mr. Gibson said; “for the protection of those involved we decided not to make this report public until the debris was safely delivered to Malaysia.”
But the death of Mr. Raza had changed all that.
“Under the agreement between the two countries, debris is supposed to be collected by Zahid Raza and delivered by private courier to Malaysia,” Mr. Gibson said.
The debris is still safely in the hands of the Madagascar authorities but new arrangements must be made for the collection, Mr. Gibson said.
Locals said they had seen many other pieces of debris like those found but added that “they could not use it for anything and did not pick it up.”
Victor Iannello, from the Independent Group which is closely following the MH370 disappearance said on his blog, “what makes a possible link to MH370 even more suspicious is that in the time period surrounding his death, Mr. Raza was expected to visit the Malagasy Ministry of Transport, retrieve additional recovered pieces, and deliver those pieces to Malaysia.”
Mr. Raza is of French Malagsy nationality but according to Mr. Iannello “the assassination of Mr. Raza has been met with stony silence from both Malaysia and France, despite his ties to both countries.”